I think not to Mali. I don't want to go. Well, I'd like to go back to Oakland, but not to Mali. I have tried and tried and tried to talk myself into and get excited about it, but the more I learn the less I want to go. I never thought the day would come when I didn't want to go some far off exotic place, but it has. I'm tired of putting energy into moving around. I think that with little kids it is better to keep things as simple and easy as possible. Moving is neither of those. And it would be nice to see family and friends on a more regular basis. Most of my family hasn't even met Alder yet.
So Christopher told his CDO (sort of like a supervisor) today, and this time I don't think we're changing our minds. It's possible that they'll be able to come up with an assignment for him here in D.C., but in case not we're both looking for jobs. I put in my first job application today. It would be a cool job, research for the EPA, but it is in Cincinnati so I would probably only take it if nothing else comes through.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment