
Well, we made it 'sunny' San Francisco for the sole reason of having a kid. It's nice to be back in the Bay Area for a bit where many of our friends are, it is not sweltering by 7am, and there is an umlimited supply good cheap eats to explore...
We went to birthing classes this weekend where the teacher told us the average age for first-time mothers in SF is over 35...woohoo! We're younger than average here (the real reason we came back to SF). Seriously though, it's nice to have such top-notch medical care available across the entire spectrum of emergency care to home-birth midwives that actually make house calls.
On Sunday, I showed Sarah the Coast Guard Cutter Eagle which pulled into SF for a few days. Someone I went to college with (Tabitha - thanks!), was on Eagle's crew and gave us a behind-the-scenes tour. It was a trip down memory lane for me - port calls all-over, but more vividly belting down shipmates as heave-ho'd their lunch over the side (leeward side! leeward!), washing dishes for the crew of 100, and spending hours making baggy-wrinkle (don't ask). Seriously though, the Eagle was a fabulous time in college...I volunteered for extra summers onboard back then. I'm glad Sarah got to see it...maybe baby will feel the urge to sail one of these days..
In the birth class on Saturday and Sunday, we learned a whole bunch of the anatomy and general birthing stuff, watched some movies, and practiced relaxation and different labor positions. Anyway, I think we all need to come-up with some better branding than calling it 'labor'. How 'bout 'window of opportunity for birthing is opening'? or something like that...don't we have enough 'labor' in our lives...speaking of labor, we made it to the beach at Montara too. Ah the Pacific...we've missed you!
2 comments:
Welcome back to the USA, you two (err, I mean three). I bet you love being in the Bay Area, again!
Hi Sarah and Christopher. I'm sitting at Terwilliger with Sarah's Grandmother Jane. She says, "Glad you're back, and I look forward to seeing you, soon!"
Love you!
Post a Comment