Monday, July 13, 2009

Sol Duc

After our 3 day backpacking trip to Scott's Creek (and yes, Second Beach and Third Beach), we indulged with a couple of nights at the Sol Duc lodge. No pictures were allowed at the hot springs, but we did hike up to the falls which was quite picturesque.
From Olympic Peninsula May-June 2009

From Olympic Peninsula May-June 2009

We spent some time letting Salem play along the stream bank. He really loves sticks.
From Olympic Peninsula May-June 2009

From Olympic Peninsula May-June 2009

I'm a sucker for giant moss-covered trees and always try to get a picture to capture that beauty, so I end up with hundreds of pictures like this, that almost, but don't quite do it:
From Olympic Peninsula May-June 2009

From Olympic Peninsula May-June 2009

1 comment:

bezdomnik said...

Regarding the moss, that last picture does it. Woah, moss.

I love that Salem plays with sticks by the river. Before you know it, he'll be climbing into the moss.

Looks like some amazing trips... keep at 'em.