Well now I think we're up to over 120 hours of agonizing flip-flopping, seeing as how Christopher awoke me at 4:30 yesterday morning to tell me how Seattle was the wrong choice and we should really go to Mali. After all, how can you beat 57 days of combined leave, US holidays, foreign holidays and congressionally mandated home leave per year? (say that 10 times fast). And that's not even including the sick leave that can be used for bonding with the baby. In Seattle he'd only have 23 days, not to mention that he'd be gone traveling for work easily one week per month. And how could he miss so much time away from Salem and me? What can I say? I don't know. I just want us all to be happy, and I know he has not been happy working here.
Of course, from work he writes to say, yes, Seattle is the right decision. Yesterday afternoon he even told his boss that he was quitting. But then we had guests over for dinner, and as soon as they left he called to say "wait, I'm not sure yet - let me think about it for a couple of days". Last night we managed to sleep through the night with the intention of staying here and going to Mali. But I don't think we're ready to notify the Seattle company that we're not coming...
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, that's tough. best of luck with your decision. sounds like there are positives/negatives to both sides.
Post a Comment