Wednesday, April 15, 2009

never say never

Before I had a baby, I always thought those loud blinking toys with all the buttons and music were just ridiculous. We would never have toys like that. Simple is best, right? What I didn't know is that kids really like all the buttons and lights and music. Especially if it is on a table just the right size to pull up for standing:
From painting

Oh, and yes, tooth number four is in.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Well, you have come to the dark side and now you know how I could "stand all that noise" I don't even mind the flashing lights anymore! Imagine that......

I am glad that you guys made a decision about where to go and you (seem) happy with it. I can't wait to visit you in Africa! (If I get it together to actually visit before you are whisked away to another foreign, exotic place... but I have high hopes)

I really miss you and can't wait to see you all next month! :)

sarahs mom said...

so... i was just looking at some pictures of Mali on the internet, and now i'm wondering- what city are you going to be living in? Timbuktu?? or what part of the country are you going to be stationed in? (the northern part is kind of scary for white folks...)
love, mom

Sadie Myles said...

Relax, mom - we'll be in Bamako, in the south. We will hopefully get a chance to visit Timbuktu, but won't go any further north than that.

sarahs mom said...

yea!! i was just checking... i did some more research and i figured it would be bamako- but there is a desert festival that looks intriguing...