LIfe will never be the same. I suppose I sort of knew that when I got pregnant, but it really hit me this last week, the first time he rolled over on the changing table (Salem, not Christopher). And yet I persisted in my daily habits and placed him on a chair while trying to pack up at the beach. Sure enough he rolled right off. Although it was scary for both of us, it was only sand he fell into and he soon forgot all about it. But I don't think I'll ever forget it, and now I have to think twice about setting him down anywhere but the floor. Not only is he rolling over, but he's also scooting backwards, and that little chest raise has become a full body push-up, so as soon as it occurs to him to try his knees instead of his feet we're in big trouble.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
At least he doesn't eat everything he can reach. You were always finding cigarette butts and other gross things to put into your mouth, except when you were finding dangerous things, such as electrical sockets, that you could put your fingers or tongue into. And we had to change your diapers on the floor because you rolled around so much on the changing table that you would eventually roll off the edge. In fact, I seem to remember spending a lot of time on the floor. It was the only thing you couldn't roll off.
yes, it's scary,but also very exciting!!! wait until he is walking and talking- you will be constantly on the run- and whatan earfull you will hear!i just wish you guys lived close enough that i could see his growth and development first hand!!!i love you all so much!!!
go salem, go!
Oh, but everything does go in the mouth. That's why I don't like setting him down on the floor. Not only that, but he has started crying when we're eating. He doesn't want to breastfeed, though. He wants what we're eating. I finally caved in and started giving him banana and papaya, both of which he loves.
Well, we all know the story of Sarah's first solid food -- somebody's hot dog that you reached out and snagged when I was carrying you around at a garden party in Half Moon Bay. Your mother and I were horrified. We had discussed at great length what your first solid food would be, and we wanted it to be something healthy. So, Oscar Meyer wasn't on the list. I got the hot dog away from you, and before I knew it you were stripping leaves off a eucalyptus tree and trying to eat them. From then on, you were eating everything and enjoying it. I'm not sure how old you were, but you were definitely under six months.
Post a Comment