Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving

Speaking of Thanksgiving, we have somehow agreed to host two thanksgiving dinners this year. One at our place on Thursday for the consular crowd, and then another one at an american friend's house on Friday for 20 Jamaicans and other ex-pats, who we have never met. Which means that I'll be baking 3, yes count them, one two three turkeys this year. Because you can't get a twenty pound bird here, and we don't know what moderation means. On the bright side, I'm excited to meet some people outside of the embassy crowd - if I have time to talk to anyone between cooking and serving and tending Salem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am cooking for about 20 people tomorrow.... but I am only cooking 1 bird! I miss you guys terribly and can't wait to see Salem again. The holidays just remind me how much I miss you.

I hope you have a good one and don't get too burnt out! Remember to take a break if you need to. It's a lot harder to entertain with an infant around... LOVE YOU
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman and everyone loves you!