Tuesday, July 8, 2008

testing

We went to Treasure Beach last weekend - Christopher had the 4th of July off, so we had a nice 3 day weekend.  We stayed at Jake's, which was quite charming, but it was swelteringly hot the whole time, at least for me.  On the way there, we stopped at Little Ochie, famous for it's seafood.  The jerked fish was wonderful, the curried lobster, not so much.


Below is the view on the beach at the restaurant.
From Treasure Beac...
From our table, we were able to watch a guy cleaning his fish in the surf.


I think I have figured out how to insert a single picture, instead of a slide show from Picasa.  giant pictures!  To see the rest of the pictures from the trip, I think you can just click on one of these and it will take you to the album.
From Treasure Beac...
32 week belly is only slightly bigger than 31 week belly, but we're still growing, both baby and I.  Babies movements are quite visible now, causing my belly to roll back and forth, kind of like something out of Aliens.

As for how we are adjusting to life in Jamaica...slowly.  The big pause in posting was me getting a draft of the last section of my dissertation out - which was a huge relief.  Although it's sounding like my professor won't have time to give me comments for another few weeks, so I'll probably miss the summer deadline. grrr.  But at least it's a draft out there.  We still miss home a lot.  Having the access to a car helps, but is not the same as being able to just walk or bike to most places we'd want to go.  

We have less than two weeks before coming back for the birth, so are busy with preparations.  I'm working on setting up a drip irrigation system for the balcony so the plants don't all die while I'm gone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU BY THE WATER!!!! I can't wait to see you guys and that little bundle of joy you have been stowing away for the past 8 months... :) SO EXCITED!