Sunday, April 20, 2008

Check out Christopher's new Renewable Energy Blog

But first a picture of Batman - we miss you!  
Christopher has started a new Blog to keep him in the renewable energy world (apparently issuing visas is a slightly different world), so check it out: www.renewableworld.blogspot.com

As for what else is new with us, not much.  Except for that baby is kicking up a storm, which is exciting and reassuring.  During the week Christopher wakes up before 6 in the morning and goes off to work, while I sleep until 9 or 10.  I get up and have my egg sandwich and hot chocolate for breakfast and then pretend to work on the dissertation for a couple of hours until I'm bored and go down to the pool for a little swim.  Then it's time for lunch and I procrastinate on the computer for a couple of hours, and then finally Christopher comes home.  We make dinner and watch a movie, and before I know it, it's time to go to sleep to start all over again.  On the weekends he gets to sleep in with me, and we might go to the beach, do the grocery shopping, or spend some time setting up the work room (for woodworking, sewing, and other such projects).  Oh, we finally got a mosquito net for our bed, so we don't get bitten and buzzed in our sleep anymore - this is definitely a good thing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw your link from Rich & Lorien's page, so we're a little behind on the times, but Congrats on being pregnant!!! And, that's so cool that you ended up in Jamaica! We'll have to get with the program and list your pages on our site. Congrats and we're so happy for you -- looks like you're having fun! ;)

Best to you both,
-Rebecca & Mike

Sadie Myles said...

Thanks Rebecca and Mike! I saw the link to your blog from Rich and Lorien's also, and have been quitely lurking around enjoying your posts about my hometown.

Lorien said...

Hee hee. Glad to facilitate. I also think it's funny that we all put pictures of our cats up this week.

Btw, Sarah, may I surmise that either you now know the sex of your baby and you're not telling, or that you've chosen not to know?

Also, have you found a good doctor?

Sadie Myles said...

Lorien,

We're waiting until it's born to find out the sex until it's born. The only one who knows is the ultrasound technician, and I imagine she's forgotten by now.
We found an alright doctor here, but have decided to come back to Bay Area for the birth (I want to try a waterbirth). So we're looking for a nice, fully furnished 2 BR sublet for July 27 - Oct. 7. If you hear of anything let us know. If we find something properly cozy we're probably going to do a "homebirth" with a midwife. So we're also looking for a good midwife.

Unknown said...

aaahhh.....the good life. I so badly want a pool. But even more badly, I want weather that I could swim in a pool. I can't wait to see that belly...will you put up more pics of it soon??? I'm glad that you are still chugging away at pretending to work on your dissertation. You are going places fast! LOL I'm just kidding. We all know that you are really working hard and you will have everything complete by the time your graduation comes up in a few weeks! :) I love you.
I will call you tonight and we can figure out my webcam thing a little better.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Mike and I thought it was pretty funny that we all had cat photos posted at the same time.

Sarah, we've had a fun time exploring Portland (re-exploring for Mike) but we could definately use some warm weather about now. ;)

That's so awesome that you're doing a water birth with a midwife. Are you also using a doula? How exciting! :)

Sadie Myles said...

Yeah, I remember getting very antsy waiting for summer to come. And now, what I wouldn't give for a cold spring day :-) As for a doula, probably not. Either my sister or a friend will be there, in sort of a doula role. And if we have to go the hospital, then the midwife will come with us. I'm really intrigued with the idea of doing a waterbirth. I've been at several births, both home and hospital, but never a waterbirth. Of course, I suppose the whole experience will be entirely different BEING in labor instead of watching it. I don't know whether I'll actually use the water, but I want everything that might help available, instead of being stuck in a space where "that's not allowed".