
We went to our first OB appointment yesterday and after much pressuring convinced the doctor to give us an ultrasound even though everything is normal. After all, we're moving to Jamaica, and who knows how long it will take us to find a doctor we're comfortable with there. Actually it was quite the adventure. First, the fire alarm went off during our interview with the doctor, and we were herded out in to the hallway before they decided that it was a false alarm. And then someone else was using the ultrasound and everything was backed up, so they made us an appointment in the Imaging Center in the hospital downstairs, but for several hours later. In the mean time, Christopher was trying to coordinate the pickup of our car so that it could go into storage for the next two years while we're gone. Because of the fire alarm he had to call and reschedule for later, but then it was looking like they were going to come so late that Christopher wouldn't be able to come with me for the ultrasound. But just as I was getting into the taxi, the flatbed for the car drove up. So Christopher signed a bunch of blank forms and we can only hope that we'll have a car when we get back. The important thing is that he was able to come with me and see the evidence for himself - apparently the little plus sign or my voracious appetite, lethargy and nausea are not convincing enough.
Everything looks good - it's already a whopping 2.3 cm with a clearly visible heartbeat (~180 bpm!). In the picture, it's laying on its back with feet up and head down. The estimated age is 7 weeks, which jives well with my estimate of 6 weeks and 5 days :-) So, yes our due date is Sept. 1, but I don't expect to see this baby until at least the 7th.
Today I get to rest (finally) and then tomorrow we're off to Miami for a couple of days, and then Wednesday we go on to our new home in Jamaica. I'm excited and a little nervous. First trimester fatigue and nausea were not part of my plan! We're definitely off on a new adventure.
4 comments:
That totally looks like a baby to me. Thanks for starting the blog!
Well at least we can all keep updated with this blog! *yay* I am so excited for you!!
This is so cool. I love this blog! There is a public computer at Terwilliger, so I will wheel Mom down so she can see it, too. Thanks so much for doing this.
Peyton
Sarah and Christopher - You make my heart glad. I am so pleased that life is treating you so well...and I had lots of energy during my second trimester - something to look forward to! It is so exciting to be pregnant! Thank you so much for the blog.
Lots of love,
Diane
Post a Comment